British School of Osteopathy

Location

Southwark Bridge Road,
London, SE1

The Project

The British School of Osteopathy (BSO) is the largest and the oldest Osteopathic School in the UK. It is respected throughout the world for providing excellence in health care, education and research. The BSO was founded in 1917 and became a charity in 1963. It has the largest osteopathic clinic in Europe, which supports the community in which it operates and the students it educates.

The BSO needed to expand its facility and decided to purchase the freehold of the Ground Floor of the building consisting of 13,500 sq ft.

Client Objectives

To create a new facility for Osteopathic treatment and training. The project was to be completed within a fixed budget approved by the Board of Directors.

The new floor was fitted out from shell and core to provide a new patient reception, 34 treatment rooms and Staff facilities including changing rooms and showers.

Key Facts

A new air conditioning and ventilation system was installed with a new plant being located on the roof of the building. VRV units were installed above the new ceilings to provide heating and cooling to the treatment rooms and offices.

New light fittings, that comply with Lighting Grade 7, were installed within the grid of the new suspended ceiling.

The new facility was opened by HRH Princess Anne.